The Mysterious Secret of Successfully Growing Houseplants

I am, without boasting, good at growing house plants.

I wasn't always. House plants used to die and wither for me, just as they do for most people.

But then I discovered the mysterious secret of looking after house plants.

My house plants now flourish: they grow glossy healthy leaves, they flower, and they propagate. I give them away for Mothers' Day and at Christmas and at birthdays. I have African Violets that are the sixth generation of propagation from plants bought for £1 at the supermarket. I have Peace Lilies a metre high, grown from off-shoots of plants three years ago.

Here, I will let you into the mysterious secret of successfully growing house plants.

  • Every day, I check the plant's soil.
  • If it is dry, I water it: if not, I don't.
  • That's it.
  • Every day.
  • Every single day.

That's it.

The mysterious secret of looking after house plants.

Look after them.

That's it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early Years

Wave Watching

Bread and cocktails